Messages for Church Office Staff
Some messages may be deleted as they expire.
February 2, 2017
If your church has ministerial candidates, please let them know about the meeting February 16
of the District Committee on Ministry (dCOM). If they need to be added to the schedule they need to contact the chairperson, Rev. Bob Bailey. More here. >>
For information about online reports due January 31
visit our Online Reports page.
If you got an e-mail from Mobile District about consultations and consultation forms, please disregard it. All the forms and instructional letter from the Pensacola District Superintendent are on the Pensacola District's Online Reports page.
November 15, 2016
The revised and updated Safe Sanctuaries training video is now online at https://vimeo.com/153825661
. For those who may prefer to listen in their car, it is also available in an audio-only podcast. Search “AWFUMC Podcasts” in iTunes.
November 9, 2016
October 26, 2016
Please note today's e-mail from the Pensacola District Office (here
) that is an update from Wayne Walker about the Youth FUSED Event. They are collecting emergency food items and are asking each Church to help.
ABOUT ADVANCE COPIES OF CC REPORTS....
As you know (posted here
), there are several charge conference reports that need to be received by the district office at least one week in advance of the meeting. If you'd like, instead of hand-delivering these, you can send them by e-mail! If you do, send them as an e-mail attachment to Mary, the District Administrative Assistant, at this e-mail address: email@example.com. Mary will be glad to print and put them on the district superintendent's desk for you! Remember, we don't need ALL the forms sent in advance, just the few that are specified on our Charge Conference Forms
ABOUT THAT ATTENDANCE SHEET.... At your annual charge conference meeting, encourage attendees to sign the attendance sheet with their full contact information. If laity not in a leadership position choose not to enter an e-mail address that is fine, but that report surely is a handy reference when mail or e-mail sent to a church officer is returned to the district office!
BOARD OF MISSIONS CC REPORT....
Some churches are not turning in the Board of Missions report at charge conference. This is not the old form that the district used years ago, this is a new form that we've used only the past year or two. We need this form. More about it is at http://umcpensacoladistrict.org/CCforms#FORMS
October 11, 2016
Here is the video of how to update the leadership information in the Church Dashboard.
September 26, 2016
There will be changes January 2017 for AWFC Clergy & Lay Insurance. You can download the pdf report here.
June 28, 2016
April 27, 2016
Administrative Professionals, thank you for ALL you do!!!!
March 26, 2016
If your church has changes in clergy appointments, clergy contact information, or clergy compensation, there is important information to send the district office:
- a new compensation report form (click here for the 2016 form), and
- the clergy's new contact information. Please copy the list below, paste it into an e-mail, enter the information, and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clergy full name
Clergy "goes by" name/nickname
Clergy preferred mailing address
Clergy home address
Clergy home phone number
Clergy cell phone number
Clergy office number
Clergy fax number
Clergy e-mail address
Clergy birth date
Name of spouse
Spouse's e-mail address
Spouse's birth date
Date of marriage
October 27, 2015
Please note charge conference forms that have mailing instructions. For instance, ministers should send a copy of their continuing education report and copy of certificates directly to the AWFC Office of Ministerial Services. There are also mailing instructions on the Graduating Seniors form.
Here are ongoing items:
- Looking for information about local church leadership roles, maybe about how to make meetings more effective? Perhaps this page can help: http://UMCPensacolaDistrict.org/ChurchLeadershipRoles.
- Dear Pastors and Administrative Assistants, please post this Letter Explaining Lay Servant Ministry Changes at your church where all can see and read it. Thank you! (Posted 8/18/2014)
- Download January 2008 memo to Secretaries, still applicable today.
- Do you get weekly Pensacola District e-news? If not, please subscribe at http://UMCPensacolaDistrict.org/Subscribe.
- Whenever your church has a change in treasurer (even if this is already updated in the database), please notify email@example.com and send her the contact information so that your new treasurer will receive important Fiscal Office correspondence/reports/e-mails. Thank you!
- Make sure that your SPRC chairperson is correctly listed in the database WITH AN E-MAIL ADDRESS that can receive announcements about January's consultation report. Don't wait until January, because preparatory information might be sent out in December. Click here to download the booklet from Pastor-Parish/Staff-Parish Relations Committee training. This is 11.1 MB, so it may take a few moments to open.
- Is your church on Facebook? If so, please click here to add the URL to the AWFC database.
- If you send Ministerial Services any correspondence, please use the fax number 334.277.0109. This fax machine is located near their work area. However, most of communications for Ministerial Services are scanned and emailed. We encourage you to do that as well. Please feel free to email Ministerial Services firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- The General Board of Discipleship offers direction on what to include in writing congregational policies on sexual abuse / harassment / misconduct / prevention. The page to visit is http://www.gbod.org/lead-your-church/what-should-our-policy-include. See also "How to Begin Developing & Updating Safe Sanctuary Policies for Your Congregation" - from Discipleship Ministries.
- Free software downloads from United Methodist Communications >>>
- Church office personnel, do you have the latest copy of the Pensacola District Directory? Just e-mail the district office and we'll be glad to send you the pdf.
- From Mary Catherine Phillips regarding media procedure. >>>
- Secretaries, have you entered yourselves into the database so that we can reach you? Are you coded either as a Church Secretary or Business Administrator? Is your contact information complete and correct?
For information about professional certification and national annual conferences of the Professional Association of United Methodist Church Secretaries (PAUMCS) visit http://PAUMCS.org.
The following used to be on the Resources page at the PAUMCS website:
Tasks and Expectations
- The Year-end Statistical Report, also known as "The Ezra Report," is completed and submitted online in January. Churches have through January 31st to login, complete, and submit the report. Input is integrated with the database of the General Council on Finance and Administration. If you need a worksheet, you can print a blank copy of the questions while you are in the system, or our Online Reports page may provide a quick download link. When you are logged into the system, you can also print a description list of what each question is asking. Work on components of this report all year long, then in January start this report as soon as you can! Not completing online reports as required may result in loss of clergy appointment. Waiting until the last minute is an unkind disservice to laity from whom you may need to request data for the report, and at the final hour they may be unavailable. When you hold up your District, you are also holding up the Conference. Details are at http://UMCPensacolaDistrict.org/OnlineReports.
- Local Church Charge Conference Forms are done sometime between September and December. On this website's Forms page, look under "Charge Conference" for forms, instructions, and the date when your church's charge conference will meet. Closer to charge conference season, when the forms and instructions are ready, our Charge Conference page becomes visible in the left-margin site index.
- Consultation Reports are due January 31st of each year and are submitted online. The forms system typically becomes available the first Monday in January, when pastors appointed to local churches and their Staff-Parish Relations Committee CHARGE chairpersons are each e-mailed a link to their specific form. For more information visit http://UMCPensacolaDistrict.org/OnlineReports.
- Conference Database - For information about this topic click here for our Online Reports page.
- Support Connectional Efforts - The District and Conference need your support regarding the planning and announcing of events. Most people will not be aware of events outside their local church unless the events are publicized by their local church. When putting items on your church calendar and in your bulletins and newsletters, please refer to district and conference calendars and help us publicize events. In turn, we would also like to know about and help you publicize YOUR special events that would interest other Methodists outside your local church. You can submit items for the District Message Board by e-mailing the details to the district office, email@example.com. Click here for information on how to post events on the Conference calendar: http://umcpensacoladistrict.org/Calendars#find_events.
- Keep "Find-a-Church" profile updated. Click here to find out how. Pastors and Secretaries, remember to update your church’s “Find-a-Church” profile that is at http://UMC.org. UMC.org’s Find-a-Church feature helps visitors find your church all through the year; however, what visitors see when they view your church’s self-updatable profile is up to you. Find-a-Church does more than simply list your church’s address and phone number. Newly enhanced, it now offers the opportunity to list all of your church’s ministries, including event schedules, locations, and special notes. With easy-to-use templates that make entering and updating information a breeze, it’s never been easier to highlight your church’s programs and unique points of entry – from daycare to basketball leagues. Also available are opportunities to personally welcome visitors to your congregation, introduce your members, add details about your worship schedule, and link to your church’s Web site. More than 35,000 United Methodist churches are listed in Find-a-Church, and it directs almost 300,000 people to local churches every month. Even more people will soon access Find-a-Church, as it is a key component of a new Web site featured in nationwide advertising for Rethink Church – the next evolution of The United Methodist Church’s Open Hearts advertising and welcoming campaign. Click here to find out how to update and enhance your church’s Find-a-Church profile. If you have questions about updating your Find-a-Church information, contact United Methodist Communications at FAC@umc.org or 1-800-251-8140.
Whatever report you send to the district office, keep a copy for your own file!
Forms and Documents
The "Street Survival Guide" is a booklet of resources on how to help the needy.
For Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties, Florida:
For Okaloosa and Walton Counties, Florida:
Frequently Asked Questions
Local Church Membership Records
Membership and baptism information from the General Board of Discipleship: (Updated 4/6/2016)
Membership Records and Forms Q&A
Membership Records manual for 2013-16
A quarterly membership/evangelism report is not required by the Pensacola District. Those added to and subtracted from the roll are listed on the annual charge conference "Report of the Pastor" form.
Local Church Curriculum, Supplies - How to Order from Cokesbury
Here's how to reach our area's Cokesbury Publishing House Resource Consultant:
Cokesbury Community Resource Consultant
) - Need Church software? Visit one of the sites below for church management software solutions:
Copyright © Pensacola District. All rights reserved.